Florida accidents are on the rise in Florida. Following a Naples motorcycle crash, most riders are understandably shaken up. Therefore, it is important to know what to do before an accident occurs.
Below are a few important tips:
- Call police: Call 911 immediately. In Florida, you are required to report the accident involving death, injury, or damage to property of at least $500.00.
- Seek medical attention: If you suspect you are suffering from even minor injuries, it is important to seek medical treatment. This is particularly important if you hit your head because the symptoms of a head injury may not be immediately apparent.
- Exchange information: You should exchange information with the other driver(s). Be sure to obtain their driver's license number, registration, and insurance information.
- Talk to witnesses: Even if the other driver admits fault, it is a good idea to get names, addresses and phone numbers of as many witnesses as possible.
- Take photographs: Use your cell phone camera or purchase a cheap disposable camera to document the accident scene, the other driver's car, your motorcycle, and your injuries.
- Obtain the accident report: Following the accident, you should obtain a copy of the traffic crash report. They are now available online.
- File a claim: Even if the other driver is at fault, you should still report the accident to your insurance company.
- Seek legal assistance: To obtain fair compensation from the insurance company, it is often necessary to work with an experienced Naples personal injury attorney.
The Dellutri Law Group is focused on making bad situations better and putting lives back together. If you or someone you love has been seriously injured in a Naples accident caused by someone else’s negligence, you may be entitled to compensation. To learn more about your legal options, contact our experienced Naples injury attorneys for a free consultation.