What Do I Do if there's Incorrect Information on My Credit Report?

If you pull your credit report and notice that there’s an inaccuracy, the first thing you need to do is dispute this. We recommend disputing this in writing and sending it via certified mail. Most credit reporting agencies offer online disputes, but it’s better to do it in writing. At the Dellutri Law Group, we’re happy to give you sample dispute letters that you can send to the credit reporting agency. The most important thing you need to do is include a description as to why the information is incorrect. Credit reporting agencies have a duty to make a reasonable investigation into the accurateness of your credit report. When you include an explanation as to why the information is wrong, they’ll go into more detail and take more initiative into correcting it. Get the details in the video.