Tampa Car Accident Attorneys
The First Firm to Call After a Crash
You will be left with plenty of questions after getting hurt in a car accident that was not your fault. Finding the answers can be difficult, but The Dellutri Law Group, PA in Tampa is here to help. Our car accident lawyers have decades of collective experience managing all sorts of motor vehicle accident claims for people in situations much like yours. By letting us represent you and guide your case, we can deal with pesky insurance companies on your behalf, fight for maximized compensation, and more.
Begin your claim with confidence. Call (800) 391-4337 today.
Common Causes of Car Accidents
Why did your car accident happen? The question is simple, but the answer is quite important and can be quite complicated. Within that answer will lie liability for the crash, and, hopefully, we can show that you were not liable for the accident.
Some commonplace causes of car accidents are:
- Drug impairment
As Tampa car accident attorneys with ample experience in this practice area and the region, we know where to find evidence of unsafe driver behaviors that the other motorist might have been exhibiting. For example, we can communicate with local law enforcement agencies and get accident reports, which could reveal that the driver was drunk. Or it might be possible to uncover their driving history with multiple marks for texting-and-driving.
What Compensation Can You Get from a Car Accident Claim?
At the root of any car accident claim are damages. You deserve to have your damages paid for by the liable party and their insurance company. Otherwise, you could be put into financial stress because of the gross negligence of another motorist, which, to us, is unthinkable.
When working on your case, we will want to make certain you get full compensation, including:
- Medical bills: You could be thrown into debt if your medical bills from your accident go unpaid. We fight to have every penny of your bills paid, including bills that will be accrued for future care. You might need years of physical therapy, and we will want to get you payments for those treatments.
- Lost wages: Being seriously injured in a car accident can take you away from work for weeks, months, or longer. You will see a drop in your finances due to a gap in your income, even if you are provided long-term disability benefits. Your claim can demand compensation that pays for the portion of your wages you have missed and those that you will likely never earn due to your permanent injuries.
- Vehicle repair: If your vehicle was destroyed in the accident, then standard insurance policies might not be enough to repair or replace it. Additional damages you need to get a vehicle of similar quality or value can be sought through an injury claim.
- Pain and suffering damages: Noneconomic damages related to your pain, suffering, hardship, and emotional trauma can be demanded in your car accident claim. Calculating a fair amount of noneconomic damages is complicated, often requiring the input of an experienced attorney who knows what local courts and juries will think is a fair amount.
There is also a chance that we could attempt to hold the other driver accountable for punitive damages if they were exhibiting egregiously unsafe behaviors when they caused your crash. For example, a court might approve punitive damages if the police clocked the other driver at 100 miles per hour and also recorded their blood alcohol concentration (BAC) level above the legal limit. Punitive damages are rare and can be capped by law, but it is still worth considering them in some cases.
4 Things to Look for When Choosing a Car Accident Lawyer
You might know that you need a car accident attorney’s help if you want your claim to be the most it can be. Knowing who to choose is something else altogether, though. How can you know you can trust the lawyer of your choice? There are four telltale traits of a reliable legal professional you are going to want to see – and that you can find among our team members here at The Dellutri Law Group, PA.
When choosing an attorney for your claim, consider:
- Experience: Real-world experience cannot be replaced with any amount of studying or legal theory. Look for a law firm with decades of experience, so you can know that there will be nothing in your case that throws them off.
- References: A trustworthy legal team will have references from other law firms in the area, and they will not hesitate to show you references if you ask for them. Reputation matters in the legal world, after all.
- Organization: A car accident claim can only be as effective as the attorney who is managing it. If an attorney is disorganized in their office, then you might be able to predict the same “clutter” in their casework.
- Communication: You should be able to communicate clearly and often with your lawyer. If they do not want to make time to talk to you, or if they cannot explain your claim’s details in an understandable way, then you might feel lost as it progresses.
We take genuine pride in checking all of these boxes and more at our Tampa car accident law firm. If you are looking for a legal team that you can really trust with your claim, then look no further. Pick up the phone and dial (800) 391-4337 or use an online contact form to schedule a complimentary case strategy session!
A Healthy Firm Culture
When our employees are happy to come to work, we know that they are capable of overcoming any challenge on behalf of our clients.
Service Tailored to Your Needs
We sincerely care about each and every one of our clients and refuse to treat them like a case file to be passed from person to person.
Communication You Can Count On
We believe that our clients deserve clear and consistent communication every step of the way, without any unnecessary "legalese."
A Culture of Philanthropy
In order to give back to our community, each employee at our firm is granted the opportunity to sponsor a charitable cause of their choosing.
Experience & Passion on Your Side
Our dedicated team of lawyers, paralegals, assistants, & staff have been fighting on behalf of our clients since 1998.
Our firm is singularly focused on our clients and will stop at nothing to fight for the future that they deserve. Let our attorneys fight for your future next.