Florida Slip & Fall Lawyers
Were You Injured Due to Unsafe Conditions on Someone Else’s Property?
Some people are clumsy—and there is nothing wrong with that! However, there is a huge difference between being clumsy and being injured due to someone else’s negligence. Slip and falls (sometimes referred to as trip and falls) lead to terrible injuries. When you fall, you need someone who is going to help you up and stand next to you during the ensuing legal fight. While some slip and fall accidents can be relatively easily resolved in settlement negotiations, many others become drawn-out battles with insurance companies looking to pinch pennies.
When you hire The Dellutri Law Group, PA, you will not be standing alone. Our entire team, including our Florida slip and fall lawyers, will be with you every step of the way. Keep reading to learn more about what to do after a slip, trip, or fall and to determine whether you have a potential claim. If you are ready to discuss your situation with an experienced personal injury lawyer at no cost to you, get in touch with The Dellutri Law Group, PA today.
What to Do If You Slip & Fall on Someone Else’s Property
Here is a helpful checklist of dos and don’ts should you ever find yourself in a slip and fall situation:
- DON’T just jump up and pretend like everything is A-okay. We get it—falling is embarrassing and jumping right up is usually the first thing we want to do when we fall in front of someone. However, first make sure you are okay to move. We don’t want you jumping up on a sprained ankle or a broken tailbone and making the injuries even worse. If you have someone with you, have them take a few quick pictures before they help you up to preserve evidence.
- DO take lots of pictures of the scene. Document whatever condition caused you to fall, such as liquid on the ground, spilled merchandise, uneven flooring, cracked floors, faulty steps, etc.
- DO take some pictures of any immediate injuries. Continue to take those pictures as the bruising or swelling increases, as well as when they start to subside.
- DO report the incident to the store manager. Don’t let them intimidate you or tell you that you don’t need to file a report. File the report and make a copy (or take a picture of it).
- DO seek the appropriate medical treatment. If your injuries are bad enough to warrant an ambulance ride, by all means, don’t feel guilty about that. If you don’t seek treatment via ambulance, please go get checked out on your own accord by a medical professional and have them document all of your injuries.
- DO save the clothes and shoes you were wearing. Don’t wash them! Instead, put them in a Ziplock bag as soon as you get home. Believe it or not, often times, these pieces of clothing and shoes can be used as evidence.
- DO call an experienced slip and fall attorney in Florida to help you.
Since you are here reading this information, you may have already been involved in a slip and fall accident. If so, we are so sorry! We are ready to help you with your case; contact us today!
Who Is Liable for Slip & Fall Accidents?
Slip and fall accidents fall under a type of personal injury claim known as premises liability. Premises liability cases involve people who are injured due to unsafe conditions on someone else’s property. This might be a public property, such as a grocery store or office building, or it might be a private residence. In either case, property owners have a responsibility to make sure their stores, buildings, and homes are reasonably safe for anyone who lawfully enters the property. If a property owner fails to properly address a dangerous condition—such as spilled liquids, crumbling stairs, or torn carpeting—people can be seriously injured. And, injured individuals have the right to sue negligent property owners for damages, such as medical bills, lost wages, and pain and suffering.
That’s where we come in. At The Dellutri Law Group, PA, we are ready to take on at-fault people/parties and seek the fair recovery and justice you deserve. When you hire us, you get our entire firm working on your behalf. If you’re wondering if you’ve found the right law firm for you, we encourage you to read what makes The Dellutri Law Group, PA different and what will happen when you hire us.
To get started with a complimentary strategy session, please call our office at (800) 391-4337 now.
Writing a review is not something that I usually do. But, regarding the Dellutri Law Group—especially Carmen—I felt a need. I have used this group twice now and If you can understand "they are old school!" You get to speak with the person who you have retained. I cannot tell you how relaxed I felt when I would get an update or fact info call from Carmen himself. I felt fully protected and informed throughout the procedure. At a time when we all need comfort and understanding this firm is where to go. I fully trusted Carmen and his group without any doubt. The results I received were exactly as predicted and I am very thankful to have found these people. I hope you share a similar experience!" - M.B. (Google Review)
A Healthy Firm Culture
When our employees are happy to come to work, we know that they are capable of overcoming any challenge on behalf of our clients.
Service Tailored to Your Needs
We sincerely care about each and every one of our clients and refuse to treat them like a case file to be passed from person to person.
Communication You Can Count On
We believe that our clients deserve clear and consistent communication every step of the way, without any unnecessary "legalese."
A Culture of Philanthropy
In order to give back to our community, each employee at our firm is granted the opportunity to sponsor a charitable cause of their choosing.
Experience & Passion on Your Side
Our dedicated team of lawyers, paralegals, assistants, & staff have been fighting on behalf of our clients since 1998.
Our firm is singularly focused on our clients and will stop at nothing to fight for the future that they deserve. Let our attorneys fight for your future next.